Stillness and Strength Yoga, LLC Policies:
Current Scope of Practice:
- All payment is rendered prior to joining class/individual sessions:
- PayPal and Venmo links are available on the Schedules, Pricing, and Payments page
- Cash: Please have exact amount of class cost (I will not have change available)
- Checks are made out to: Stillness and Strength Yoga, LLC
- Refunds are not issued; payments that are made ahead of a missed class will be paid forward to your next attended class
- You are welcome to bring your own yoga supplies, especially if immune-compromised
- If you need yoga supplies, I am happy to provide them (I have mats, bolsters, blankets, and blocks available, just send a quick email letting me know what you'd like)
- Initial intake/registration sessions are held for all individual clients to discuss the scope of service and whether these services might be helpful at this point in your journey
- If you would like a release signed between myself and your mental health/medical team so that we are able to collaborate via this work in your best interest, I can provide a release or they are welcome to contact me
- I am renting space from other professionals/business owners to provide TCTSY in two locations for client convenience. Please use the space as if it was your own.
- Because I am renting space, timeliness is important (and SSY sessions are 30-45 minutes)
- Continued lateness (more than two) will result in half of the space's rental fee being added to the session fee
- Cancelation Policy (fees will automatically be billed to method of payment on file):
- 24 hours of scheduled session: No charge
- Same-day cancelation: 50% cost of session
- No-call-no-show: 100% cost of session
- Stillness and Strength contact forms and emails will be checked on weekdays, typically within 1-3 days
- SSY support is not available in-between sessions to assist with crisis support. If you are in need of support in-between sessions, please reach out to your current mental health provider or support network (if not currently in therapy, utilize the mental health support services below)
- If client conduct and/or professional boundaries of Stillness and Strength Yoga are not respectful/respected, SSY respectfully reserves the right to cancel services without refund (if packages are purchased)
Current Scope of Practice:
- While I have practiced as a certified School Psychologist via the Michigan Department of Education for twelve years and have extensively studied trauma via trainings and professional/graduate-level certifications, I am not licensed to provide direct mental health services outside of the school setting.
- Within the state of Michigan, the School Psychologist Specialist degree/State Certification does not transfer into community/clinical work, which is why I have returned to grad school to obtain another Masters Degree, this time in Clinical Social Work, so that I may offer TCTSY and Oncology yoga services in combination with direct mental health services. This degree is in progress and is not completed.
- As such, while I bring my education and background into my work with Stillness and Strength Yoga and provide extensive psychoeducation/consultation to support client empowerment, the services provided fall solely under my training as a yoga instructor/facilitator, and are not provided as a replacement for any direct mental health services.
- To learn more about School Psychologists, including training, roles, and responsibilities, visit: www.nasponline.org/about-school-psychology/who-are-school-psychologists
How to find mental health supports:
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, dial 988
- Crisis support: text "HOME" to 741741 (www.crisistextline.org/texting-in)
- Find a therapist: www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists
- LGBTQ-specific helpline: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help/
- Traverse City regional crisis support via NLCMH FAST Team: 1-833-295-0616
- OK2SAY (click here for live link): Anyone can report tips confidentially on criminal activities or potential harm directed at students, school employees, or schools. Tips can be submitted 24/7