Stillness and Strength Yoga, LLC Policies:
Current Scope of Practice:
- All payment is rendered prior to joining class/individual sessions. Once payment is received, you will be able to continue registering for services. You can pay four ways:
- PayPal and Venmo QR codes are available on the Schedules, Pricing, and Payments page
- Exact cash (I will not have change available)
- Checks: Made payable to: Stillness and Strength Yoga, LLC c/o Kristen Ryder
- You are welcome to bring your own yoga supplies, especially if immune-compromised
- If you need yoga supplies, I am happy to provide them (I have mats, bolsters, blankets, and blocks available, just send a quick email letting me know what you'd like)
- If you'd like to purchase personal props to have for your own practice, I'm an affiliate with Hugger Mugger yoga supply company and can help you select what you'd like! Happy to consult.
- Initial intake/registration sessions are held for all individual clients to discuss the scope of service and whether these services might be helpful at this point in your journey
- If you would like a release signed between myself and your mental health/medical team so that we are able to collaborate via this work in your best interest, I can provide a release or they are welcome to contact me
- I am renting space from other professionals/business owners to provide TCTSY in two locations for client convenience. Please use the space as if it was your own.
- Because I am renting space, timeliness is important (and SSY sessions are 30-45 minutes)
- Continued lateness (more than two) will result in half of the space's rental fee being added to the session fee
- Cancelation Policy (fees will automatically be billed to method of payment on file):
- 24 hours of scheduled session: No charge
- Same-day cancelation: 50% cost of session
- No-call-no-show: 100% cost of session
- Stillness and Strength contact forms and emails will be checked on weekdays, typically within 1-3 day
- Crisis support is not available in-between sessions; this is not part of my current scope of practice.
- If you are in need of immediate support in-between sessions, please reach out to your current mental health provider or support network (if not currently in therapy, utilize the mental health support services below)
- If client conduct and/or professional boundaries of Stillness and Strength Yoga or other SSY clients are not respectful/respected, SSY reserves the right to withdrawal services
- This is a space that supports and prioritizes marginalized populations who have experienced traumatic events. I currently work with SPARK Research for Social Change Lab at Michigan State University to address equity and social justice issues through the lens of trauma-informed, intersectional, and developmental research. As such, I see myself as a community advocate for mental health and wellness. SSY services are provided without prejudice toward sexual identity, gender identity, culture, race, religious or spiritual affiliation, physical or cognitive ability, or age. Individual and small group services are provided on sliding scales to enable access. Confidentiality is protected with the exception of eminent safety or legal concerns. I lean into my ethical commitment to recognize, challenge, and advocate for those who are increasingly and disproportionately impacted by systems of inherent racism and my priority is to listen to how my clients feel their needs can best be met by my offerings.
Current Scope of Practice:
- While I have practiced as a certified School Psychologist via the Michigan Department of Education for twelve years, am currently interning as a Clinical Social Worker, and have extensively studied trauma via trainings and professional/graduate-level certifications, I am not yet licensed to provide direct mental health services outside of the school setting.
- Stillness and Strength Yoga LLC offers yoga, mindfulness, meditation, and guided forestbathing to the community, with specialized yoga training in oncology and trauma survivorship. Stillness and Strength Yoga LLC is a yoga business and does not offer direct mental health services/therapy at this time. These services are not a replacement for medical or mental health services. I am available to work with your primary medical and/or mental health provider(s) as an adjunct or integrative service provider who is part of your whole patient care team.
- Within the state of Michigan, the School Psychologist Specialist degree/State Certification does not transfer into community/clinical work, which is why I have returned to grad school to obtain another Masters Degree, this time in Clinical Social Work, so that I may offer TCTSY and Oncology yoga services in combination with direct mental health services. This degree will be completed May 2024.
- As such, while I bring my education and background into my work with Stillness and Strength Yoga and provide extensive psychoeducation/consultation to support client empowerment, the services provided via Stillness and Strength Yoga LLC fall solely under my training as a yoga instructor/facilitator, and are not provided as a replacement for any direct mental or medical health services.
- To learn more about School Psychologists, including training, roles, and responsibilities, visit: www.nasponline.org/about-school-psychology/who-are-school-psychologists
How to find mental health supports:
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, dial 988
- Crisis support: text "HOME" to 741741 (www.crisistextline.org/texting-in)
- Find a therapist: www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists
- LGBTQ-specific helpline: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help/
- Traverse City regional crisis support via NLCMH FAST Team: 1-833-295-0616
- OK2SAY (click here for live link): Anyone can report tips confidentially on criminal activities or potential harm directed at students, school employees, or schools. Tips can be submitted 24/7